Wednesday, December 11, 2013

My Hope

1. My hope is built on nothing less 
 than Jesus' blood and righteousness. 
 I dare not trust the sweetest frame, 
 but wholly lean on Jesus' name. 
  2. When Darkness veils his lovely face, 
 I rest on his unchanging grace. 
 In every high and stormy gale, 
 my anchor holds within the veil. 
 (Refrain) 
 3. His oath, his covenant, his blood 
 supports me in the whelming flood. 
 When all around my soul gives way, 
 he then is all my hope and stay. 
 (Refrain) 
 4. When he shall come with trumpet sound, 
 O may I then in him be found! 
 Dressed in his righteousness alone, 
 faultless to stand before the throne! 
 (Refrain) 
Refrain: On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand; all other ground is sinking sand. 

I love this song and the words confirm what I know and believe in my heart.  I am resting in him. My hope is in him. The blood He shed and the sacrifice He made is because HE LOVES ME.  

Lord I ask you to show up in a mighty way. Continue to turn our hearts toward you in every situation.   I miss my little girl so bad it aches. But turn our sorrow to joy. Remind us of the blessings we have seen so far and will continue to see because of our precious Lucy.  You are the Great I AM! You are Emmanuel, God With Us.  



No comments:

Post a Comment