Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Beauty from Ashes

 “I’m gonna drink this painful cup all the way down, just drain it. And I’m gonna ask the Lord to make it something beautiful.”..-Molly Piper, daughter in law of well known author and preacher John Piper

This is how I want to begin 2014. I am accepting the fact that The Lord has given us this painful cup. He chose us for a reason. But, I am going drink every last drop of the pain and know full well in the depths of my heart that He will turn these painful ashes into something beautiful.

I have begun to know Him in such a more intimate way since we lost Lucy. I chatted with a dear friend over Christmas who lost her newborn son 10 years ago. She made me realize something so profound. The love we have for our children is almost indescribable! I love Lucy just as much as I love Tyner, Maggie, and Hunt...and even though I have very few memories with her it doesn't change how strong a love and bond I had and will always have with her. But if I have this much love for my child who is no longer with me...can you imagine how deep the Father's love is for us?

"And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,  may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge"-Ephesians 3:17&18

So, pray for us as we begin 2014. It will be a hard year with many more "firsts" to get through. But The Lord has gone before us and will make something beautiful from our pain! I cling to that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment