Monday, February 10, 2014

Joy

I am learning about what it means to have true JOY. The kind we sing about in the song that goes like this...
     "I've got joy down in my heart
       Deep, deep down in my heart
       J-O-Y down in my heart
       Deep, deep down in my heart
       Jesus put it there
       And nothing can destroy...stroy....stroy...HU!!!"
Our losing Lucy is not something to be happy about.  Tears fall often and there are moments that sadness and sorrow overwhelm me!  But I am learning a lot about true JOY. Not joy because of what I have...a nice car, a big house, a closet full of stuff, etc...this is JOy that is deep! deep down in my heart. This joy comes because I have a savior that loves me so much!!! A savior that knows the number of hairs on my head...a savior that knows my faults but loves me anyway...unconditionally! Ahhh...pure, sweet J-O-Y!

Does this deep, deep joy mean it makes losing Lucy easier? Nope...but in my moments of deep grief I look in the face of our Father and find peace...and then the joy returns!

"he sees Gods face and shouts for joy;"...Job 33:26

No comments:

Post a Comment