Saturday, January 11, 2014

I feel like Job

Job was a wealthy and upright man who lost his possessions, his children and his health.  Everything was stripped away from him.  But at the end of the story Job finally learned that when nothing else was left, he had God, and that was enough!

I am not going to lie. Life is really hard right now. Grieving our loss of Lucy is hard enough.  Throw in the enormous medical bills, and a few other really stressful things and whew!!! But through this I am truly learning that God is enough! He is my calm in the storm. He is my strength when I am weak.  
He is my ALL in ALL. Nothing surprises Him.  He never changes. He is always the same...loving, kind, gentle and PRESENT. Even times when I don't think He is present, He is!!

The Lord had a plan for Job and He has a plan for us. He is calling us to total dependency...pure faith and trust! I really like to feel like I have total control in situations.  Well, I am learning that I have no control! He does! I have to let go of the reigns and let Him lead me.  Job 42:1 says, " I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted."

So, as I sit here feeling like Job, I can find rest in knowing that my God is enough! And our greatest reward will be knowing Him in a deeper and much more intimate way!




No comments:

Post a Comment