Monday, August 29, 2016

Taste and see the Lord's Goodness

"Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him." Psalm 34:8

I need to clean out Maggie's closet.  There are clothes hanging in there that are a size 5 and 6.  She is 9! Normally I would call it procrastination...and I am SUCH  a procrastinator.  But that isn't the reason I haven't cleaned out her closet and done something with a bazillion size 5/6 dresses...I don't want to! I was saving them for Lucy! This October will be her 3rd birthday!!!! Yes, it has been almost three years and I still have them hanging!   When I found out we were having another girl, I couldn't wait to go through all the boxes of clothes that were Maggie's.  I was ecstatic about these sisters! And of course I had a lifetime of things I couldn't wait to do with another daughter! 

But little did I know the story that the Lord was weaving.  I didn't know it at the time but in April of 2013(six months before Lucy was born) a precious little girl was born to what would become a very dear, dear friend of mine.  I met Jill about a month after her son, Roan, passed away.  It was a very similar situation to Lucy.  We, of course, had an immediate bond and knew each other's deepest hurts. She instantly became very dear to my heart and a very close friend!  Several months after I met Jill Luke was born.  Luke and Roan would have been 2 months apart and I am certain they would have been the best of friends!  As would have Lucy and her daughter!  Can you see the picture he is weaving?  I don't have Lucy with me but I get to watch one of my dearest friends enjoy her daughter that is Lucy's age!  Jill doesn't have Roan with her this side of heaven but she has a special bond with Luke! 

Jill and I were at Windy Gap together with our families this past weekend.  Through a sweet conversation we had, I was reminded of the goodness and kindness of our Lord! Jill and I both miss Lucy and Roan so much, but we are both tasting the Lord's goodness through our losses...even though sometimes it is REALLY  hard!!

I love how He has taken something painful...like cleaning out a closet...and turned it into something sweet.  Because now I can clean out Maggie's closet and pass those handmade dresses on to my dear friend and watch her daughter enjoy them!  I can smile when I see SJ in a dress that was Maggie's!

So, today I am thankful that I can "taste and see that the Lord is good!"  I might even go clean out a closet now!!





No comments:

Post a Comment