Thursday, December 31, 2015

Beauty in Pain

This picture in one way represents the beauty and pain we have walked through. The pain of losing Lucy Pattison but the beauty in welcoming Luke Pattison! I took this picture on October 30, 2015. Two years to the day that we had to make the excruciating decision of letting our little girl go! A decision I never imagined in a million years I would ever have to make. The pain is in the death and loss. The beauty is in what the Lord has done through our loss. It makes me think of the line from the song "Sovereign Over Us"...(which our family calls Lucy's Song) ..."There is strength within the sorrow, there is beauty in our tears." Death, loss, grief...it is so painful...but the sorrow and tears we go through and still shed only make us stronger. They have allowed us to see and feel the Lord in such a REaL way! I miss my daughter so very, very much and would give anything for her to be here. I still get that feeling in the pit of my stomach that is physically painful because I miss her so bad.  I think about her in someway every day! But i am thankful for her precious life and how she has changed us...as husband and wife...as a mama and daddy...as a friend, etc...

So, I look at this picture on New Years Eve and I am thankful for the beauty in the pain. I'm thankful for Luke and that he is healthy! I am now at a point where I can say I am thankful for the 30 days we spent in Lucy's same NICU. I am thankful for what 2015 taught me. It has been one more year of healing for our family! And now i welcome 2016 with open arms.  It is my prayer that we will spend the year and every year pressing into Him in every area of our life..when we are on top of the mountain and when we are deep in the valley! Because there is beauty at the top and even at the bottom!

Happy 2016!!

No comments:

Post a Comment