Friday, September 30, 2016

It's that time of year again...

Fall is here for sure! We are enjoying crisp, cool morning air. We are grabbing jackets before we walk out the door. There is "pumpkin" something in every store and pumpkin recipes galore! I like fall...I just don't LOVE it...I used to...but you know what? A dear friend prayed over me yesterday that the Lord would redeem that! She prayed that the Lord would redeem my love for Fall...and guess what??!!... I can't but HE CAN! So, I'm standing on that truth!! I LOVE that he can make beauty from the ashes!!

Tomorrow is the first day of October. It is the beginning of the longest month in our house. My step is a little heavier and my heart hurts more. On October 27th we will celebrate Lucy's 3rd birthday. Wow!! Three years!! But it still feels like yesterday!! I'll be honest...it sucks really bad!! What would my little girl look like? Would she have blue eyes like all my babies? Would she have the tinge of red in her hair like her sister and her Mama? What would her voice sound like? Would she be following Maggie around everywhere? My questions could go on and on! So, I'm going to miss my girl like crazy...I'm going to cry when I feel it coming...I'm going to go to the cemetery and put flowers at her graveside...but more than anything I'm going to let Jesus carry me through this like he has done  since we told Lucy good bye.  Psalm 30:5 will be at the forefront of my mind. "weeping may last for a night but joy comes in the morning!" 

Whatever you are going through cling to this truth! He is there walking right beside you...even carrying you...and JOY does come in the morning!!

Happ Fall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment