Saturday, May 19, 2012

Field Day and End of First Grade

 Part of Field Day included enjoying the fun bouncies!
 Tyner with a few of the girls from his class
 3 of his friends from his class at Field Day
Speedy running and jumping hurdles

Field Day was a blast.  Everything they did at school this year amazed me!  I must say again how thankful I am for such a wonderful public school!  We have an outstanding principal and a PTA that is just awesome.  And not to mention fabulous teachers!!  Anyway, we enjoyed our first Lake Ridge field day.  Maggie, Hunt and I walked up the hill to the track that is behind the school and watched Tyner.  After he completed the field events with his class they went to the playground and jumped on bouncies.  Needless to say he was worn out by the time school was out!

 Acting goofy during computer time
Tyner and his wonderful teacher!! 

My son finished first grade with a bang.  He had an incredible teacher that developed in him a LOVE for writing!! Those of  you that know me well know how much I love kids to write in the classroom!  Well, they did a TON of it at Lake Ridge Elementary.  I took Tyner to Target the other day to get a new swimming suit and a journal for the summer.  He was more excited about his journal than his new suit!  I was one happy Mama!  He is quite the reader, too!  He had a precious class and made lots of new friends.  We continue to love our neighborhood and all it has to offer.  It is wonderful living across the street from the school.  I could step out the front door in the afternoons and see Tyner's class at recess.  It kind of felt like it was something out of a storybook.  I am so very thankful it is real and we are getting to enjoy this "Mayberry" type place! We are truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment