Saturday, April 12, 2014

The Sacred Dance of Joy and Grief

It is really hard to believe we are approaching Lucy's sixth month. This has been a tough one. Six months is such a milestone in a Mama's eyes. So much starts happening...personalities start forming...lots of babbling...etc...This journey is such a dance! It is a sacred dance between joy and grief. I am experiencing the greatest of joys...pure, sweet joy!..The joy in knowing Jesus in such an intimate way...the sweetest joy in spending time with my children...the joy of having a husband that will wrap his arms around me and pray over me...the joy of real, deep, true authentic friendships...and then there are moments when the grief will hit me...piling up with my kids in the bed and there is one missing...a tender moment with my 4 year old when he says " I miss Lucy, Mama."...sitting at her "spot" because I just want to feel close to her...but He has me dancing between joy and grief for a reason.

Psalm 126:3,5-6 says "The Lord will do great things for me, and I will be filled with joy. I will sow in tears, then I will reap with songs of joy. If I go out weeping, carrying seeds to sow, I will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with me."

I can cling to the hope in knowing that my tears are planting seeds that will grow into an even deeper joy for The Lord. I just continue to cling to Him..."look full into his wonderful face"...and put my hope and trust in sweet Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment