Monday, August 1, 2011

Warriors Path State Park


Maggie on top of the Beavers house...One of the Narnia stations

The view of the playground from the tree house
Having fun on the see-saw
Can't remember this horses name?


Wow is all I can say about Warriors Path State Park. I had no idea what to expect when I arrived but it is incredible. So much that we went twice this week! We first went on Monday. I took an immediate left when I saw a sign that read "stables...that way" I was beside myself. I have been telling Hunter that I really want to go horse back riding. So we walked up to the stables and found out the kids could ride a pony. They were fired up! We walked around and looked at all the horses and found out all their names. Then we walked over to a ring and Tyner and Maggie took turns riding Jasper the pony. Maggie is dying to go back and ride again. After horseback riding we had a great picnic on top of "picnic mountain." There was a beautiful view of the lake! After lunch we went to the "boundless playground." As well all know, I LOVE playgrounds. I love finding new playgrounds! Well, this playground is a sight. It is huge! It has a tree house, a "babbling brook", and an 8 station path that gives a brief overview of the story "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe." That was Tyner's favorite! Anyway, it is just a incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment